Well done Reva for being the winner of our number bingo game yesterday, I hope you all enjoyed playing! Tomorrow is Friday, don’t forget its our show and tell session during registration so have a piece of home learning you are proud of and would like to show.
Please continue to send your work to us each day, so we can provide any feedback and see how hard you are working!
Our daily outline of what your day will look like today:
Last week we focused on the message Jesus was bringing to the people. His first message was friendship. This week we will be looking at what other messages Jesus gave to the people.
Watch the video using the link below and then have a look through the PowerPoint and complete the task. You may wish to use the template card or create your own.
Listen to the story below and complete a book review using the document below or create your own on a sheet of paper with a similar layout.
Topic task: Peas!
1. Watch the story of ‘The Princess and the Pea.’
2. We are going to look at finding out which materials are best for making a comfortable bed for the princess. Collect a range of materials from around the house, this could include cotton wool, felt, bubble wrap, foam, plastic, or wooden bricks.
3. Have a feel of the different materials you have collected and describe how each material feels.
4. Grab a small, dried pea or a small bead to test under each material. Press your hand down onto the material with the pea or bead under and discuss how it feels? What can you feel? Is it hard or soft?
5. As you are testing your materials, think about if you can feel the pea or if you can’t and put the materials into two different groups under the headings, comfortable and not comfortable. Take a picture of your findings!
6. Then think about how you are going to record your findings, could you create a table writing a list of your materials which are comfortable or not. Maybe you could draw your perfect material bed and label it. Does it have to be just one material, or can you have multiple layers?
Can’t wait to see your findings and how to record your investigation.
As part of our EYFS Curriculum the children would access a range of choosing activities and learn together and individually through play. I have set some options for you to choose from below. These do not all need to be completed and can be more independent for your child to complete and play maybe even alongside a sibling.
1. Continue with your Art challenge task: For the next 30 days, you could complete the art challenge below. Please do not worry if your picture is not exactly 5cm x 5cm as long as it’s a small piece of paper so that at the end your drawings can all be put together to create your very own 30-day art collage. I can’t wait all those amazing drawings!
2. Maths task: Can you complete the number mattress activity using the document below. Can you order your numbers to 20 correctly? Will you be able to complete ‘the princess and the peas’ bed?
3. Creative, role-play task: Choose your favourite fairy tale and create some puppets for your puppet show! Can you retell the story using the puppets? Have the popcorn and drinks ready for your audience.