It has been lovely to see your learning this week and completing some mental health tasks at home too! I hope you are enjoying them. This week it important to express our feelings, especially during this difficult time. Please make sure you take time to talk to each other or draw out your feelings.
Please continue to send your work to us each day, so we can provide any feedback and see how hard you are working!
Our daily outline of what your day will look like today:
Maths task: Making pairs!
Today we will start our learning with a pairs game.
1. Click on the link and play a pairs memory game. How many pairs can you remember and match?
2. Go on a hunt around the house or garden and collect items that can be arranged into pairs. Whilst collecting discuss, what do you notice? Which quantities make even pairs, and which have an odd one left over? Do you notice a pattern?
3. Using the set of cards with different representations of the numbers to 8. Play a memory matching game. Lay the cards on the table or floor, pictures face down. Turn two cards over, if they match you get to keep them, if they don’t, turn them back over and keep playing till you find the matching pairs.
Today we will be looking the picture below and thinking of a different beginning to our story. What happens normally at the start of this story. How can you change it? Draw your ideas and label them too.
Remember we read this story a few days ago. Its called 'Princess smarty pants.'
Topic task: ‘magic’ beans! - Day 2.
1. Parents, please prepare a packet of ‘magic beans’. Make them attractive by using the 'magic' bean label of brightly coloured beans and print out the instructions for planting’. Leave somewhere for your child to discover.
2. When they have found the beans, encourage them to read the instructions before they open the packet. What do they think might be inside? Ask ‘What shall we do with the beans?’ Give them time to express their ideas, eventually guiding them to planting their beans in the ground or pot of soil outdoors. Take lots of photos whilst planting!
3. Then draw a picture on todays sheet of you planting your ‘magic’ beans and add this to your diary you started on Monday. Each day will you need to water them to help them grow!
You will need:
‘Packet labels and instructions for planting’
things to ‘grow’
As part of our EYFS Curriculum the children would access a range of choosing activities and learn together and individually through play. I have set some options for you to choose from below. These do not all need to be completed and can be more independent for your child to complete and play maybe even alongside a sibling.
1. Construction, small world task: Have a go at building a dragon’s lair! You could collect pebbles, stones, rocks, and leaves from a local walk or your garden. Then add some figures and small world people to your design to create some story telling.
2. Writing, creative task: What would you buy with Jacks beans? Write a list and draw some pictures of all the things you would buy.
3. Mindfullness: Complete the activities on the calendar. Open it below: