Our school vision is to be a centre of excellence by providing a stimulating, safe, enjoyable and happy community. Where every child reaches their full potential to prepare for adult life. We wish for every individual to have a life-long passion for learning while creating memorable experiences and staying true to themselves.
‘Love to Learn, Learn to Love’ is at the heart of all we do at Sedley’s CE Primary School, where we encourage and build foundations for lifelong learning through our Christian values. Embedding a growth mindset allows individuals to flourish and grow as part of a strong inclusive community.
Our fifty word vision links with John Chapter 13, Verses 34 – 35.
Our School Values
These values are referenced and supported within all elements of our school community. They are at the heart of our daily life in school, and they are woven through our curriculum and central to our Collective Worship.
We aim to serve our community by providing an excellent education for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds in the context of Christian belief and practice. We promote Christian values in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and spiritual development through the experience we offer to all our pupils. Our school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at the parish and diocesan levels.
Our guiding principle is to put the children at the heart of all that we do to ensure they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to flourish and embrace life in all its fullness.
Faith in God
Sharing and Caring
Love is at the centre of life at Sedley’s and drives all that we do. We encourage positive behaviour rooted in love, and use the example set by Jesus to show love for everyone.
Faith in God gives us strength to live our lives and to grow in our resilience and belief that we can achieve. Faith helps us all to recognise the ups and downs of life in all its’ fullness and to embrace all that comes our way.
Forgiveness helps all members of our community flourish and work together in a positive way. We understand the importance of accepting each others’ opinions and that we become more rounded individuals if we are able to forgive and show love, leading to happier outcomes for all.
At Sedley’s we are taught to share in many ways both in learning and play. We understand the value of sharing and caring and how it leads to successful collaboration.
We understand how honesty is a pathway to success and achievement, and that it builds trust. Honesty with ourselves, our learning and others means we are able to work and play together positively.
Our British Values
As part of Aletheia Academies Trust, Sedley’s is committed to Fundamental British Values:
The Trust actively promotes British Values in all of our academies. We aim to establish a strong community where all pupils are encouraged to demonstrate respect and tolerance through an inclusive nature regardless of faith, race and culture.
- Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those in our society of different faiths and beliefs
Aletheia Academies Trust’s overarching Equality Objectives are:
- To use performance data to monitor student achievement and respond to variations between groups of learners, subjects, courses and key stages, trends over time and comparisons with other schools.
- To provide professional development which continues to support staff to promote equality and diversity routinely in their daily activity.
- To provide an environment that welcomes protects and respects diverse people.
- To ensure that all students are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school.
- Foster ownership amongst our students for the development of a set of positive behaviours which reflect the very best in all cultures, but reaffirm the understanding of and compliance with the rule of British law and British Values.
- To address cultural events through year worship activities to increase student awareness and understanding of issues in different communities